‘Care’ is an all-in-one solution for scheduling women’s health care activities. It is a research-heavy academic project I did at Parsons.
Figma, Photoshop, Airtable, Lucidchart, Miro, SurveyMonkey
Surveys, Persona, SWOT, POV statement, Eisenhower Matrix, Empathy Map, Wireframes, Prototyping, Interviews
The whole process was a cycle of six phases, where the phases fall into three buckets.
- Understand -Empathize, Define
- Explore- Ideate, Prototype
- Materialize-Test, Implement
In this present world, women need to play a lot of roles. While juggling through the tasks, they often compromise to care for themselves. This research is going to provide them an all-in-one simple yet diverse platform where they can get knowledge, inspiration, and support to live a healthier life.
- What are the priorities and concerns while they talk about health?
- What do women need that they aren’t getting from the existing system?
- What currently frustrates them in regards to their regular health upkeep?
I have done an online survey on fourteen people with ten qualitative questions.
Women were my primary focus as users.
I used spreadsheets to sort and analyze all the data to come up with meaningful insights.
- Almost everyone talked about their schedule and how it is never possible to do everything, every day
- Most of them talked about the health resources, and how overwhelming it feels to stay updated regularly.
The pieces of data were then used to build human personalities. The purpose of personas is to create realistic representations of key audience segments for reference.
To get a better understanding of the competitor landscape where the majority of the users are currently engaged, I did market research on four popular Apps. Apps are based on direct and indirect competitors. Direct competition refers to a company that offers the same product or service as me and also typically attracts the same target user. A secondary competition to consider is an indirect competitor, which refers to a business or outlying factor that offers different approaches for customers to reach the same goal.
These Apps are a period tracking app, a diet and exercise tracking app, a meditation app for de-stress, and an online scheduling app for grooming sessions. Here are the two most helpful analyses.
Problem Statement :
A Point Of View (POV) is a meaningful and actionable statement, which allows me to ideate in a goal-oriented manner. I used all the data and insights from the research to come up with the final problem statement.
I used the Eisenhower Matrix to sort the solutions based on time, importance, and responsible parties. This method is based on his quote “I have two kinds of problems, the urgent and the important. The urgent are not important, and the important are never urgent.”
- For customized resources, we can ask users to make a profile, or uploading a medical health profile can make the process easy, fast, and more accurate.
- For building an effective health care schedule we can ask to sync work and personal schedules made in google.
- Advance options for schedulers are important features as well, but they can grow with time and support from other parties.
UX Flow Diagram:
I decided to design only the initial pages, as it is not possible to show the service contents without specialized resources. My main focus is to keep simple and convenient.
Interactive Prototype Design:
Keeping the color and design very basic, my goal here was to first establish a reliable path to guide the user to a solution platform.
In-person Usability tests:
I have conducted two brief in-person usability tests. A script was provided before the test to guide them to think aloud while using the platform.
The results of the usability tests were recorded and analyzed using an empathy map.
- Brand design can be better.
- When asking for email and password, there is no information on the page about where I am logging.
- While asking for personal schedule access or medical profile I would like to know more about how I am going to get benefited through these.
- The concern about privacy is a natural phenomenon, especially in a time like this when often personal information is leaked or used unethically by major brands. I need to work on building trust by providing trustworthy agreements and genuine safety service.
- Once I have improved the design based on current feedback, I can proceed to focus on building the profile and schedule systems. For doing all of these I need resources from physical and mental health specialists, nutritionists, and workout coaches.