Butterfield & Robinson (B&R) is a world-renowned active travel company that has been providing exceptional travel experiences to discerning clients for over 50 years. As the first User Experience Designer to join the company, I had the unique opportunity to work closely with the digital experience team dedicated to creating exceptional experiences. Together, we collaborated to ensure an unforgettable user journey for our clients, from the initial booking process to the final moments of their trip.
- Gathered information about the business through individual team meetings.
- Conducted interviews with the Sales team to gain insights into user behavior and preferences
- Collected possible archetypes from Customer Experience Director
- Reviewed demographic data from CRM software
- Made initial drafts
- Ran an internal survey involving staff members who regularly interact with travelers to validate the accuracy of personas and identify key personalities
- Based on the feedback, made final adjustments
Below is a sample mockup of personas, which are often considered confidential information belonging to a company. Therefore, I am not sharing the actual ones.
Our internal research and persona development laid a strong foundation for user-centered design. We felt confident approaching actual users with an initial understanding of their pain points, frustrations, and personalities.
User Journey Illustration:
To be continued